A year on from the horrendous Ashburton floods and farms are slowly getting back to a new reality. MPI set up funding of $4 million and $3.5 million has been paid out to 144 applicants. One farmer Bryan Beeston farms on the banks of the Ashburton River and had 200 cows washed away and tonnes of shingles transplanted onto the paddocks. He says the last 12 months have been very busy.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry