Another victim of the pandemic is the Southern Field Days which has cancelled its February 2022 event. It is the first time in 40 years the event has been cancelled and organisers say they were concerned that running a large event with visitors from around New Zealand would bring too much risk to their community and too difficult to comply with regulations under the traffic light system.They say they made the decision early to allow the community, exhibitors, volunteer groups and local businesses to plan ahead for other opportunities. The Southern Fieldays at Waimumu near Gore alternates with the South Island Fieldays held every second year at Lincoln.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry