Arable farmers are being encouraged to vote on the future of the Foundation for Arable Research. The deadline is August 23 and the referendum will determine FAR’s future. Voting papers were posted last month to farmers who grow arable grain and seed crops, maize and cereal silage. The online voting system, is automatic and more secure and closes at 12 noon on August 23, with voting results expected five days later. A ‘yes’ vote will ensure FAR’s continued existence, while a ‘no’ vote would result in the organisation being wound up, and all research and extension programmes ceasing.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes