At last an increase in the dairy price overnight. For the first time in nine Global dairy auctions the overall index is in the positive… albeit by just 0.3 percent. But its a start. Prices for skim milk powder, butter and anhydrous milk fat increased, while whole milk powder prices let the team down, but feeling is those prices might start to find some support in the near future. It is worth noting the global dairy trade price index still sits 24 per cent higher than at the same time last year. Westpac is sticking with its farmgate milk price forecast of $7.75/kg for 2021/22 and continue to note that it still early days in the season.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry