Beef + Lamb NZ is running a series of events and webinars aimed at ensuring farm profitability in the light of the impending drought. B+LNZ’s general manager of extension, Justine Kidd says all primary sector organisations are analyzing rural community needs and the challenges they could face in the next six to twelve months to get a handle on what support they need. The webinars are every Monday evening with guest presenters talking about ways to best deal with a drought and with other problems on farm. And Dairy NZ is running Tactics for Tight Times for farmers reviewing farm budgets, and looking at essential spending and where savings might be possible. Thursdays session is at Maungakaramea Hall in Northland will run from 11:30 to 12:30 with a bite to eat afterwards.
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi
- Federated Farmers CEO Is Saying Credit Where Credit Is Due When It Comes To How The New Government Is Focusing On Farmers And Farming – Terry Copeland Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- State Highway Two South Of Wairoa Is Down To One Lane As Work Continues To Clear A Slip Where A Person Was Killed And Another Seriously Injured In A Crash On Sunday
- A “New Era” For Energy In New Zealand Is Underway, With The Country’s Largest Solar Installation Now Generating Electricity