Roderick And The Creeping Evil
• Appeals to a wide range of readers, especially those 6 – 12+ who enjoy fantasy fiction
• For fans of The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Narnia and Harry Potter series
• Set in a magical landscape very similar to the NZ Southern Alps where The Lord of the Rings and the Narnia stories were filmed
• Strong environmental and personal responsibility themes
• Celebrates the joy of adventure and the power of imagination
• Continues Roderick’s story begun in Roderick and The Wizard of Endor – this time Roderick and his friends must defeat the Creeping Evil before it destroys everything and everyone, including the Wizard of Endor.
The Wizard looks grim. “Something is abroad,” he tells Roderick and his friends, “something horrible. It causes misery, pain and confusion, undermining the good and strengthening the bad ….. The ‘Creeping Evil’ is upon us, even here in the Mountains of Endor.” Roderick and his friends must leave the Wizard’s castle behind to find the mysterious Anoushka, the one remaining ancient being who lives ‘outside time’. Only she knows how to choose the future by pivoting on a Moment of Destiny.
But there is no time to waste. The Wizard himself weakens hourly and even as the spell is put in place to protect the castle and all within, a dirty, yellow haze laps at the ramparts.