Environment Canterbury is to borrow $12 million to pay for Ashburton flood recovery. A year ago heavy rain caused the Ashburton River to burst its banks and spread river shingle over the area’s paddocks. Mid Canterbury received some Government funding but not enough to cover the costs. Mid Canterbury Arable farmer and councillor Ian Mackenzie says underfunding has been a huge issue for three decades and there needs to be a better plan to cover the cost of maintaining river systems.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry