Federated Farmers and Rural Contractors New Zealand are asking the Dairy Companies of New Zealand to loan their milk tanker drivers to operate combine harvesters and tractors as a solution to the dire shortage of drivers the contracting industry is facing. In an open letter they say given the number of experienced truck drivers and machinery operators employed by the various dairy companies, we ask you to consider the possibility of the dairy companies releasing some of these operators to work for agricultural contractors for the peak of the harvest. Feds Arable chair Colin Hurst says the proposal is a longshot at best, given that the trucking industry is experiencing similar labour issues as the farming industry. But you never know….
- After Four Years Of Stiff Negotiations New Zealand Has Locked In Free-Trade Agreement With European Union
- Other Sectors Are Delighted With Free-Trade Agreement
- Gaylene Lennard About To Take On World With NZ Dressage Team At Fast-Approaching World Championships In Denmark
- The Chances Of NZ Having A Quality Comprehensive And Ambitious Free Trade Agreement With European Union Seem To Be Fading
- We Are Getting Used To Lockdowns But Now Millions Of Australian Bees Are Doing The Same