Fonterra could give share milkers and contractors the option of purchasing shares in the dairy co-op. Having completed the first round of farmer consultation on its proposed capital structure it is now drawing up a revised proposal based on feedback. Common themes emerged revealing concern from farmers about the farmer-only market and its impact on the share price, and managing the transition to a new structure. The co-op will continue to consult over the next couple of months using surveys and focus groups. The Big Co-op is set to reveal more detail about its business strategy in line with shareholder demand for information before they vote on a proposed capital restructure. A more detailed proposal will be developed by late September, about the same time as the annual results are announced. The farmer vote will be held at Fonterra’s annual meeting in December.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry