New Zealand’s red meat sector is on a drive to attract halal butchers. The sector requires around 250 halal processing people every year with approximately 100 of the roles typically filled by New Zealand residents or those with open work visas. However, with the closure of New Zealand’s borders halal butchers and boners are becoming unavailable and the industry is encouraging Muslim New Zealanders to consider a career in the sector. Meat Industry Association CE Sirma Karapeeva says the recent Government Visa extensions announced by the are a big help but the industry needs a permanent solution.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry