Hort NZ is calling on incoming Prime Minister Christopher Luxon to appoint a Minister of Horticulture to Cabinet to help ensure the essential supply of fruit and vegetables for New Zealand. Hort NZ Chief Executive Nadine Tunley says the horticulture industry eager to continue its contribution to growing a prosperous and sustainable economy. She says with many New Zealanders struggling with the cost of living the right policy and regulatory settings will help growers continue to supply quality fresh fruit and vegetables and increase exports and double farmgate revenue by 2035. But she says growers need the Government to recognise and understand the importance of horticulture and create conditions for the industry to thrive. Nadine Tunley says a Minister of Horticulture would turbo-charge the industry, Māori and research providers to improve prosperity and protect our environment.
- Herd Improvement Company LIC Is Paying Out More Than $2 Million In Compensation For Supplying Some Dairy Farmers Bad Sire Semen
- Alliance Group Is Rolling-Out Cutting-Edge AI Technology Designed To Identify Eating Quality In Beef And Lamb
- This Week Federated Farmers’ National Council Is Meeting – Colin Hurst Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi