Kiwi wood-chopping great Jason Wynyard has been given “weeks to live” as he fights an aggressive form of cancer. The gentle giant of axe sports has won nine senior world championships and many more titles around the world and was diagnosed with stage four Burkitt Lymphoma in May, a rare and aggressive form of cancer that affects the lymphatic system. In a post on his Instagram account Jason Wynyard revealed underwent three cycles of chemotherapy but before the start of the fourth cycle, it was discovered the cancer was “far too aggressive” than what chemotherapy could fight and the cancer has continued to spread. The post says drawing on his competitive spirit and never-give-up attitude to defeat his illness, Jason along with his partner Sharon and their family, are grateful for the outpouring of love and support he has received.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes