Kiwis are being encouraged to join the dairy sector, as one-third of dairy farms seek to fill vacancies ahead of a busy calving season which begins in July. DairyNZ has a new GoDairy campaign which connects job seekers to the latest farm assistant vacancies across New Zealand. DairyNZs Nick Robinson says the dairy sector offers job security and good career progression because employers want good people who they can retain in a career in dairy. Young Kiwis start on a good salary and can be quickly promoted into management roles where they can earn over $100,000. The most jobs are on Farms in Otago, Canterbury and the top of the South Island/West Coast. If you want more information go to godairy.co.nz/gonow.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry