A couple of weeks ago Invercargill shearer Leon Samuels had to sit back and watch as the Golden Shears was cancelled due to Covid… He was in hot form leading into the competition could have been the first South Islander in three decades to take out the Golden Shears open title. Vindication of sorts as Leon Samuels and a southern blast of top shearers took out the New Zealand Shears shearing and woolhandling championships. Samuels won the New Zealand Shears Circuit final and the New Zealand Shears Open Plate title, and the South Island team won their first inter-island championship on northern soil in 13 years. And Alexandra Wool Handler Pagan Karauria was another stand-out winning the New Zealand Open woolhandling title.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry