Nathan Guy, is the new independent Chair of Apiculture NZ as of July. He will succeed Bruce Wills who has held the role since the Bee industry organisation was established in 2016. The former National MP of 15 years and Minister for Primary Industries comes with extensive government and international networks and brings strong governance, strategy, and business skills to the role. His time as Minister saw him gain specific experience in biosecurity and honey regulations, as well as experience of international markets and consumers. Nathan Guy says bees play a critical role in our agri-sector, contributing over $5billion to New Zealand’s economy, through honey and bee products pollination services.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry