The success of Zespri Gold Kiwifruit and the abundance of supply has caused a bit of a re-think with the number of Gold licences for next season being nearly halved. This year 700 hectares of SunGold licences were released but next March only 350 hectares of licences will be released. Zespri Chief Executive Dan Mathieson says the demand for the popular fruit must continue to exceed supply and there has been a huge increase in production per hectare for Sun Gold. Adding to that Covid border closures have created a shortage of pickers to get the fruit off the vines … and it is predicted to be around 6000 next year… …. So Zespri has decided it needs to pull the reins in a bit.
- After Four Years Of Stiff Negotiations New Zealand Has Locked In Free-Trade Agreement With European Union
- Other Sectors Are Delighted With Free-Trade Agreement
- Gaylene Lennard About To Take On World With NZ Dressage Team At Fast-Approaching World Championships In Denmark
- The Chances Of NZ Having A Quality Comprehensive And Ambitious Free Trade Agreement With European Union Seem To Be Fading
- We Are Getting Used To Lockdowns But Now Millions Of Australian Bees Are Doing The Same