The Primary sector is crying out for workers and the impact on various sectors is being revealed. For the first time in living memory vineyards have not managed to get through their winter pruning which will impact the harvest in the Summer. Ag Minister Damien O’Connor says the problem is just about every sector needs workers from hospitality to construction to health. He says it is the same story around the world and until we are on top of Covid – it will be the reality. He says he is talking with Immigration Minister Kris Faafoi every day.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry