The 2021 rural contracting season is completed and will go down in history as one of the most challenging in history. The fact that specialist big machinery operators from the northern hemisphere were unable to get into NZ left contractors with the dilemma of not having experienced operators to bring in the harvest. Rural Contractors NZ CEO Roger Parton says contractors have been working 18 hour days just to try and get the job done. He says the stress is making many consider getting out of the industry.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry