The Chair of Synlait has resigned. Simon Robertson is also an independent director of Synlait and fellow director Paul McGilvary has been elected acting chair until the position is permanently filled. Synlait’s nominations sub-committee has begun the search for an independent director/ chair to fill the vacancy. The resignation comes after the company entered into mediation with the a2 Milk Company over the cancellation of its exclusive manufacturing agreement in early October. Synlait also posted its second financial loss in the past three years – a net loss after tax of $4.3 million, earnings down 3%, gross profit down 2%, operating cash flow down 83% and capital expenditure down 31%.
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi
- Federated Farmers CEO Is Saying Credit Where Credit Is Due When It Comes To How The New Government Is Focusing On Farmers And Farming – Terry Copeland Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- State Highway Two South Of Wairoa Is Down To One Lane As Work Continues To Clear A Slip Where A Person Was Killed And Another Seriously Injured In A Crash On Sunday
- A “New Era” For Energy In New Zealand Is Underway, With The Country’s Largest Solar Installation Now Generating Electricity