The countries biggest egg producer could be up for sale. Mainland Poultry confirmed it is assessing options and preparing the company for a potential sale. Mainland Poultry chief executive John McKay says while the potential sale process is in an exploratory phase , it is “business as usual” as the company continues to invest and grow egg production. In August the Overseas Investment Office approved Mainland Poultry sale and leaseback of 11 properties including egg farms, feed mills, distribution centers and processing facilities to Australian Corval Partners. Mainland is owned by Indus Valley, which operates under the Zeagold egg brand. Two of the high profile sellers of Mainland included Dunedin investors Michael Guthrie, and Murray Valentine who set up the company in 1997.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes