The Government has announced a reworked package to support Hawkes Bay businesses, including growers and farmers affected by the North Island weather events. Last month it announced a long-awaited package which revolved around the Government underwriting bank lending and offering cheaper finance options to ensure the long term survival of critical regional industries. However, it stopped short of any bailouts and Hawke’s Bay growers in particular were frustrated by the initial offer. This led to a backdown from the Government with Cyclone Recovery Minister Grant Robertson making a quick trip to Hawkes Bay to apologise to growers and farmers for misleading information. Hawkes Bay Fruit growers GM Dean Smith was at a closed door meeting with the Minister, growers and farmers in a bid to appease them.
- Herd Improvement Company LIC Is Paying Out More Than $2 Million In Compensation For Supplying Some Dairy Farmers Bad Sire Semen
- Alliance Group Is Rolling-Out Cutting-Edge AI Technology Designed To Identify Eating Quality In Beef And Lamb
- This Week Federated Farmers’ National Council Is Meeting – Colin Hurst Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi