The MPI has issued a public health warning after confirming the presence of Paralytic Shellfish Poisoning (PSP) toxins, along the coast from Port Waikato to Tauratahi Point at the entrance of Kāwhia Harbour. The warning includes the entire Raglan and Aotea Harbours. An MPI spokesperson says people should not collect or eat mussels, oysters, tuatua, pipi, toheroa, cockles, scallops, cats eyes, kina and all other bivalve shellfish from the area and to note cooking shellfish won’t remove the toxin. Symptoms appear between 10 minutes and three hours after ingestion and may include numbness and a tingling around the mouth, face, hands and feet headaches vomiting and diarrhoea. In severe cases death can be the result. You can call Healthline for advice on 0800 611 116, or see your doctor.