Thousands of migrants attempting to gain a new fast-tracked residency visa were left frustrated after the website crashed the moment it opened. The one-off simplified residency pathway through the Government’s “2021 resident visa” is available to migrants who have lived in New Zealand for the last three years or who work in skilled or scarce jobs . As many as 15,000 migrants will be able to apply. But the website crashed as soon as it opened and Geoff Scott, general manager of Immigration New Zealand, says the issues are due to “high demand” . To be eligible for the first phase a person must also have already submitted either a skilled migrant category application, residence from work application, or skilled migrant category expression of interest. A further 150,000 migrants could be eligible for the 2021 resident visa in phase two which opens for applications in March next year.
- After Four Years Of Stiff Negotiations New Zealand Has Locked In Free-Trade Agreement With European Union
- Other Sectors Are Delighted With Free-Trade Agreement
- Gaylene Lennard About To Take On World With NZ Dressage Team At Fast-Approaching World Championships In Denmark
- The Chances Of NZ Having A Quality Comprehensive And Ambitious Free Trade Agreement With European Union Seem To Be Fading
- We Are Getting Used To Lockdowns But Now Millions Of Australian Bees Are Doing The Same