The Ukraine situation with silos of grain that cannot be retrieved due to Russia controlling the shipping ways is leading to a shortage of milling wheat. NZ has just been through one of the toughest seasons for grain production and Federated Farmers Arable Chair Colin Hurst says the need for more milling wheat will encourage more farmers to grow more of it this season than in previous years.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry