Zespri has reported a net profit after tax of $290.5 million an increase of $90m on the previous year. Total global fruit sales grew to $3.58 billion – up 14 percent – and global sale volumes were up10 percent on last season to 181.5 million trays. Zespri SunGold kiwifruit is the star with great quality fruit underpinning the strong returns. Chief executive Dan Mathieson says results will see earnings spread through many regional communities in New Zealand. He says Zespri is confident the season already underway will produce another record breaking crop. Dan Mathieson says the industry is facing headwinds with industry capacity constraints, rising costs and of course finding enough people to get the fruit to the world, and the disruption to shipping channels and distribution in some of our markets from Covid.
- Energy Costs Forcing Some Indoor Vegetable Growers To Shut Their Doors, Or Change What They Grow
- Bad News Last Week With European Free Trade Agreement But The Good News, NZ’s Red Meat Hit $1.1 billion In Export Sales During May
- Rabbits Beware The Otago Regional Council Is Out To Get You
- NZ’s Best Honey Producers Named At Apiculture New Zealand National Honey Competition
- More And More Sheep And Beef Farms Being Sold To Overseas Interests And Will Be Converted To Forestry