Country TV Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz
This policy was last updated on 1 June 2018.
WHO DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to assess your application for services
- to provide services and products to you
- to provide you with access to our service
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to provide you with news, information or advice about our existing and new products and services
- to improve the services and products that we provide to you
- to manage, operate and enhance our products and services
- to personalise and customise your experience
- to conduct competitions or promotions on our behalf and on behalf of selected third parties
- to conduct business processing functions for operation of our website, our service or our business
- for our administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), promotional, planning, product/service development, quality control and research purposes, or those of our contractors, partners or external service providers
- for displaying content and advertising that are customised to your interests, preferences and experiences
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company in our group
- any business that supports our services and products, including without limitation any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the website or other services and products, mailing houses, couriers, payment and other transaction processors, photographic analysers, promotions agencies, customer support providers, statistical analysis providers, data entry service providers, electronic network administrators, debt collectors, and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners (including for clarity as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of shares or assets)
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct or promote via our services
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- any other person authorised by you
- the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator, for example, if we have reason to suspect that you have committed a breach of any of our terms and conditions, or have otherwise been engaged in any unlawful activity, and we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary
- as required or permitted by any law (including the Act).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE NEW ZEALAND
We may disclose personal information to our external service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of New Zealand, including the following:
- our data hosting and cloud-based IT service providers
- other external technology partners and service providers.
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
You can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used in relation to our products and services. Please do not disclose your password to third parties. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, email us at email@example.com
Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
OTHER WEBSITES, PLATFORMS, AND APPLICATIONS
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our website and attempt use our services, you may not be able to access certain parts of our website or services, and some functionalities may not work. You can find out more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk