A Hawke’s Bay butchery has won the Supreme Winner in both bacon and ham categories of the 100% New Zealand Bacon & Ham Awards. Wild Game in Hastings has taken out New Zealand’s top bacon award with their middle eye/loin entry and New Zealand’s best ham award for their boneless ham. Owners Jordan and Varnnah Hamilton-Bicknell run a boutique butchery in Camberley, Hastings where they create quality products which are sold both in-store and online. Jordan, started his butchery trade at the age of 15 and says he is blown away to be the supreme winner of both awards as it was the first time he’d entered. Judging took place over three days, with a team of butchers and culinary experts inspecting and sampling 100% New Zealand born and raised New Zealand pork.
- Herd Improvement Company LIC Is Paying Out More Than $2 Million In Compensation For Supplying Some Dairy Farmers Bad Sire Semen
- Alliance Group Is Rolling-Out Cutting-Edge AI Technology Designed To Identify Eating Quality In Beef And Lamb
- This Week Federated Farmers’ National Council Is Meeting – Colin Hurst Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi