A new campaign launched by Beef + Lamb New Zealand and rural advocacy group 50 Shades of Green aims at raising New Zealanders’ awareness of what they refer to as crippling Government policies. The “Kiwis Backing Farmers” campaign describes the wave of policies and proposals threatening the future of sheep and beef farms as overwhelming. At the heart of the campaign is the kiwis backing farmers.nz website, which outlines policy solutions and suggests Kiwis show their support for sheep and beef farmers by sending their views directly to the Government. B+LNZ chief executive Sam McIvor is asking the Government to review the impact of a raft of policies before the rules cause irreparable harm. Areas of concern include policies around freshwater reforms and methane targets, as well as proposed biodiversity rules and the “out-of-control” conversion of sheep and beef properties into carbon farming.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes