A tragic aftermath of the avalanche of forestry slash onto beaches on the East Coast. A boy suffered fatal injuries in the surf at a Gisborne beach last night. The Gisborne Herald reports the boy suffered fatal head injuries when a wave knocked him off a log and he was struck by it last night. The boy was at the beach with a family member as a sizeable swell was bringing strong surges of water on to the beach. The tragedy happened just after 6p. The beaches had been given the all-clear for swimming from a water quality perspective, but the public have been urged to watch out for driftwood in the water. Beach clean-up crews have been working since Monday to remove driftwood debris that has built up on the beach.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes