It costs more to get bulk wheat from the South Island to the North than it does ship it from Australia. The price of trucking milling wheat, used for baking, is mostly influenced by the cost of getting it across the Cook Strait. Wheat grower and board director at United Wheat Growers Brian Leadley says the industry needs more shipping options. Brian Leadley joins Mark Leishman on Round Up.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes