Nationals Getting Back to Farming package has certainly been designed to attract the farmers vote. The Nats are promising to cut excessive red tape tying up farmers, banning foreign investment in farms being converted to forestry for carbon farming, doubling the RSE worker cap to 38,000 workers a year and restarting live exports of cattle. Federated Farmers National President Andrew Hoggard says while all farmers would want to see these promises fulfilled, farmers are not just interested in farmy things.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes