Northern South Island farmer director Kate Acland has been elected chair of the Beef + Lamb New Zealand board. Kate Acland, is B+LNZ’s first female chair in 100 years and was elected at the conclusion of BLNZ’s annual meeting in New Plymouth. Previous chair Andrew Morrison’s term as a BLNZ director concluded, following the election of Geoffrey Young as the new Southern South Island farmer director. Acland says she’s humbled to be appointed chair with New Zealand farming’s great history of innovating and adaptation, but she says right now farming is tough, and farmers are facing unprecedented challenges and change. Kate Acland noted outgoing Chair Andrew Morrisons mana leadership and significant service to the industry over the past nine years. There was a standing ovation at the end of his farewell speech.
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi
- Federated Farmers CEO Is Saying Credit Where Credit Is Due When It Comes To How The New Government Is Focusing On Farmers And Farming – Terry Copeland Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- State Highway Two South Of Wairoa Is Down To One Lane As Work Continues To Clear A Slip Where A Person Was Killed And Another Seriously Injured In A Crash On Sunday
- A “New Era” For Energy In New Zealand Is Underway, With The Country’s Largest Solar Installation Now Generating Electricity