Not all the blame for high fruit and vegie prices can be put at Cyclone Gabrielle. United Fresh President Jerry Prendergast says the plight of the worst affected crops of tomatoes potatoes and particularly Kumara can be put down to poor summer weather going back to November. He says because of the terrible summer Kumara will be the hardest hit while iceberg lettuces carrots and parsnips are coming into strong supply.
- Herd Improvement Company LIC Is Paying Out More Than $2 Million In Compensation For Supplying Some Dairy Farmers Bad Sire Semen
- Alliance Group Is Rolling-Out Cutting-Edge AI Technology Designed To Identify Eating Quality In Beef And Lamb
- This Week Federated Farmers’ National Council Is Meeting – Colin Hurst Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi