NZ King Salmons Blue Endeavour plans to set up an ocean salmon farm in Cook Strait now await the final regulatory step is an aquaculture decision from Fisheries NZ. The company has been working on the Blue Endeavour project for several years as an answer to rising fish mortality at its pens in the Marlborough Sounds from warming waters. NZ King Salmon CEO Carl Carrington says the proposal will see fish farming moved into the cooler and deeper open waters of Cook Strait. He says submissions are now open to find out if the proposal will affect other commercial fishing operations. He says if approved it will take at least another six years until salmon farming is commercial … Submissions close at the end of this month.
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi
- Federated Farmers CEO Is Saying Credit Where Credit Is Due When It Comes To How The New Government Is Focusing On Farmers And Farming – Terry Copeland Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- State Highway Two South Of Wairoa Is Down To One Lane As Work Continues To Clear A Slip Where A Person Was Killed And Another Seriously Injured In A Crash On Sunday
- A “New Era” For Energy In New Zealand Is Underway, With The Country’s Largest Solar Installation Now Generating Electricity