NZs supreme kiwi sausage for 2023 comes from Silverdale just north of Auckland. Sam’s Butchery has won the Supreme Award in the 2023 Great New Zealand Sausage Competition. ‘Lamb Delight’ was announced at a special Sausage Mixer Awards where butchers from across the nation gathered to find out who had snagged the top spot. Sam Nadason thinks the secret to his winning entry is “years of perfecting the art – taking time to get the basics right, concentrating on perfecting the flavours. Sam’s grandson was born last week and he thinks he brought good luck too. Sam’s Butchery spokesperson Ian Anderson the Lamb Delight was the result of hours of research and development. The competition attracted an astounding 646 entries from 116 producers across the 14 categories.
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi
- Federated Farmers CEO Is Saying Credit Where Credit Is Due When It Comes To How The New Government Is Focusing On Farmers And Farming – Terry Copeland Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- State Highway Two South Of Wairoa Is Down To One Lane As Work Continues To Clear A Slip Where A Person Was Killed And Another Seriously Injured In A Crash On Sunday
- A “New Era” For Energy In New Zealand Is Underway, With The Country’s Largest Solar Installation Now Generating Electricity