Road closures in the Coromandel and Gisborne are putting pressure on businesses and supply chains. The closure of State Highway 2 between Ōpōtiki and Gisborne has hampered freight deliveries, including fresh vegetables. Countdown has advised its customers some fruit and vegetables will be in limited supply as producers are struggling to get their stock out of Gisborne and Hawke’s Bay. However LeaderBrand Chief executive Richard Burke says there should not be shortages at supermarkets because all the crops are also grown in other regions.
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi
- Federated Farmers CEO Is Saying Credit Where Credit Is Due When It Comes To How The New Government Is Focusing On Farmers And Farming – Terry Copeland Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- State Highway Two South Of Wairoa Is Down To One Lane As Work Continues To Clear A Slip Where A Person Was Killed And Another Seriously Injured In A Crash On Sunday
- A “New Era” For Energy In New Zealand Is Underway, With The Country’s Largest Solar Installation Now Generating Electricity