State Highway 2 between Gisborne and Napier finally reopened Sunday, nearly three months after Cyclone Gabrielle. Speed restrictions are in place and some areas are down to single lanes with traffic lights and road control. Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency will be managing temporary closures of the road at night while work to restore the road continues. Local farmer Alan Newton says it is a major relief with farmers now able to transport stock without having to travel via Gisborne and Whakatane then back to Hawkes Bay.
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi
- Federated Farmers CEO Is Saying Credit Where Credit Is Due When It Comes To How The New Government Is Focusing On Farmers And Farming – Terry Copeland Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- State Highway Two South Of Wairoa Is Down To One Lane As Work Continues To Clear A Slip Where A Person Was Killed And Another Seriously Injured In A Crash On Sunday
- A “New Era” For Energy In New Zealand Is Underway, With The Country’s Largest Solar Installation Now Generating Electricity