The egg shortage could be over by the end of the year as farmers have bought more chickens and production is building again. Egg Producers Federation Executive Director Michael Brooks says with hen numbers on the up then the egg supply will gradually improve. While changes in chicken welfare rules and supermarkets wanting only Free Range eggs have had a major impact, another huge issue has been the cost of chicken feed … which has gone up 60% in the past two years .. and a lot of that is down to impact of the Ukraine war. He says with more egg supply the cost of eggs in the supermarket should go down.
- Herd Improvement Company LIC Is Paying Out More Than $2 Million In Compensation For Supplying Some Dairy Farmers Bad Sire Semen
- Alliance Group Is Rolling-Out Cutting-Edge AI Technology Designed To Identify Eating Quality In Beef And Lamb
- This Week Federated Farmers’ National Council Is Meeting – Colin Hurst Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi