Up to 12 seasonal workers from the Pacific are unaccounted for in the aftermath of Cyclone Gabrielle. Immigration Minister Michael Wood confirmed that a group of workers here under the Recognised Seasonal Employment scheme had not yet been located. Authorities believe the missing 12 may have made their own way to different evacuation sites around those areas. Michael Wood says there are 5000 RSE workers in the broader area of Hawke’s Bay and Gisborne and the majority of workers have been accounted for and being looked after by either their employers or at evacuation sites.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes