With the $347 million livestock export trade ending in 12 days and the last ship leaving Napier this week… Save Animals from Exploitation or SAFE is now focusing on live exports by air. CEO Debra Ashton says thousands of cattle and goats and millions of day old chicks are exported by air every year and mostly to China where animal welfare is not high on the list of priorities. Debra Ashton says unlike exports by sea there are no voyage reports on conditions or mortality rates when it comes to exporting by air.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes