B+LNZ’s New Season Outlook 2023-24 is predicting another tough year for farmers with farm profitability falling by 31% for the 2023-24 year following a decline of 32% in 2022-23 and profits for farmers having more than halved in two years down to a 15-year low taking inflation into account. Beef + Lamb NZ board member and Sth Canterbury farmer Nicky Hyslop says farm inflation and input costs are prohibitive and she is most concerned about younger farmers.
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi
- Federated Farmers CEO Is Saying Credit Where Credit Is Due When It Comes To How The New Government Is Focusing On Farmers And Farming – Terry Copeland Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- State Highway Two South Of Wairoa Is Down To One Lane As Work Continues To Clear A Slip Where A Person Was Killed And Another Seriously Injured In A Crash On Sunday
- A “New Era” For Energy In New Zealand Is Underway, With The Country’s Largest Solar Installation Now Generating Electricity