China was NZs largest export market for sheep and beef in 2022 and now that China’s Covid rules have been relaxed there was talk of a big bounce back with more consumers choosing red meat as a kind of reward for their Covid hardships. Meat Industry Association CEO Sirma Karapeeva says a rise of 4.4% in consumption was predicted but it seems that hasn’t quite happened with high inflation meaning consumers are now counting their Yuan before making a decision on what to buy.
- Scott St John Will Step Down From The Fonterra Board, Effective From March Next Year
- A Big Celebration For The Dairy Women’s Network In Waikato Today As The Organisation Turns 25
- Snack-Sized Apple Business Rockit Global Is Expanding Into The South Island To Build Its Growing Base
- Newly Minted Agriculture And Trade Minister Todd McClay Plans To Visit India In The Next Fortnight
- A $600 Million Solar Farm Planned For The Mackenzie Basin Will Power Up To 100,000 Homes