Insurance claims from Cyclone Gabrielle have surpassed $1 billion in Hawke’s Bay. The latest data from the Insurance Council of New Zealand shows there have been 18,526 Cyclone Gabrielle-related claims made in Hawke’s Bay for a value of $1,065,860,000 or nearly two-thirds of total claims across the entire country from the cyclone, of nearly $1.7 billion. Insurers have so far paid out $2.053b of the $3.5b in claims made for climate disasters at the start of the year, including the Auckland Anniversary weekend floods and extreme weather in the North Island between February 21 and 28 and May 9 to 10. In Hawke’s Bay, there have been 5183 claims for houses, 4982 contents claims, 4347 business claims, 3717 motor vehicle claims, 163 claims in the other category, 67 crops claims and 67 marine claims.
- Herd Improvement Company LIC Is Paying Out More Than $2 Million In Compensation For Supplying Some Dairy Farmers Bad Sire Semen
- Alliance Group Is Rolling-Out Cutting-Edge AI Technology Designed To Identify Eating Quality In Beef And Lamb
- This Week Federated Farmers’ National Council Is Meeting – Colin Hurst Joins Mark Leishman On Round Up
- The New Government’s Backing For Wool In Public Sector Buildings Is A Vote Of Confidence In The Sector, Says Wools Of New Zealand
- Environment Southland Says It Will Continue With Plan Change Tuatahi